Chronic pain is a major disruptor in our daily lives. It limits what we can do and plagues us when it comes to our general movement and activities. At Milesfit, we offer solutions for chronic pain with our Chronic Pain Program.
Here's how it works:
1) Initial Evaluation
"If you’re not assessing, you’re guessing."
The program all starts with an initial evaluation to assess your pain. We not only look at the pain area itself, but we equally test your overall biomechanics and functional movement patterns. By assessing the area in pain coupled by assessing the entire body, we’re able to establish what’s going with your pain relative to the body-complex. Given that the body is a system of interconnected systems, getting both micro and macro views simultaneously gives us the information we need to treat and improve your chronic pain.
After the initial evaluation, we’re ready to jump into follow-up the next step of appointments to start treating the pain directly.
2) Therapy Sessions
These appointments are where we begin to treat the pain area and related body-structures. These sessions consist of a wide variety of elements and tools such as:
- Joint mobilizations
- Flexibility and stretching
- Muscle activation techniques
- Soft tissue work and manual therapy
- Corrective and therapeutic exercises
- Further evaluation and testing
- *Integrates components of Athletic Therapy
Types of pain we deal with:
- Lower back pain (herniated discs, chronic back pain, disc bulges, etc.)
- Knee pain (meniscus problems, general knee pain, ACL/LCL/MCL/PCL issues, etc.)
- Foot pain (plantar fasciitis, general foot pain, foot-arch issues, etc.)
- Shoulder pain (rotator cuff issues, frozen shoulder, shoulder-impingement issues, etc.)
- Neck pain (herniated discs, chronic neck pain, etc.)
- And any other kind of body pain!
To book your initial evaluation and jump-start the process of treating and fixing your chronic pain, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 514-487-3838
*Insurance receipts given for Naturopathy or Athletic Therapy depending on the case